Simply A Mother

a05102009 06460655m

Life threatening – this new life revealed,

beyond pain from a labored ordeal.

Love of a perfect little angel – face-to-face,

born from unconditional love and grace,

Leisure on heavenly pleasures intensify

bridging together swaying soft lullabies,

Lifts up mornings of delightful sceneries,

both undulating and unending cries of melodies.

Lover waking up to the calls of  dear attention,

boldly enduring all sleepless exasperations.

Lady of the house, a true life’s passion,

beautiful joys of the sweetest inspiration.

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom Luvy Bernardino

I love you!

Visit my site

48 replies to “Simply A Mother”

1. rosilie replied:

happy mother’s day to your mom doc! I wish that she is always well and filled with love. tc too.

2. pmonchet replied:

Hello! Nice meeting you at iblog5. This is the man behind Fatherlyours.com. And thank you for the ride. Happy mother’s day to your father. She should be very proud of you! Have a nice day.

Recent blog post: Happy Mother’s Day

3. pmonchet replied:

I should ha type “mother”. hehehe. Sorry for the mistake. tao lang.

Recent blog post: Happy Mother’s Day

4. Twinks replied:

Happy Mother’s Day to your pretty Mom Dokie! She’s very lucky to have a sweet and thoughtful son like you. A blessed Mother’s Day to her. Lovely poem…as always…
    Take care Dokie!! :-D

Recent blog post: Speechless Sunday #1 – Happy Mother’s Day **

5. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thank you! I have to tell my mom that I made a poem for her here. LOL. I just gave her a letter the other day. This one she hasn’t seen yet.
    A very happy mother’s day to you too! O:-)

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

6. Zorlone replied: (post author)

I hope your site gets fixed soon! It would be interesting to see what kind of blog you have. Maybe we could organize a smaller get together of bloggers. Snow has a business venture, maybe we could look into that too.

7. pmonchet replied:

My problem is my server.Webpinas.com. Yes, we could try again some time.

Recent blog post: Happy Mother’s Day

8. Snow replied:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers in the world! ;)

Recent blog post: Martin Nievera and the Lupang Hinirang

9. Brosreview replied:

Lovely poem, a thoughtful dedication mate! Great job!!!

Recent blog post: Soundgeist – The Fine Line Between (2009)

10. Zorlone replied: (post author)

That would be nice!

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

11. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Happy mother’s day to you too!

Snow, what is your twitter account?

Mine is zorlone, if you can, please add me.

Thanks for dropping by.

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

12. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks AJ! I thought it would be fitting to post a mother’s day poem.

Cheers!

13. Roy replied:

I’m sure mother would be proud!

beautiful poem!

nice meeting you Doc Z! thanks for the ride!

Recent blog post: Don’t Ask Me Why

14. ally replied:

your mom looks very young! she must be so proud of you! nice poem! tc! :-D

15. ally replied:

pahabol: Happy mother’s day to your mom too!!!

Recent blog post: Happy Mother’s Day, Nanay!!!

16. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Roy!

And no problem about the ride. Anytime!

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

17. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Ally!

Yup, she is young. he he he. Ako lang yata ang tumatanda.

18. Holly replied:

Your mother is a lucky woman to have raised such a fine poet. Happy Mother’s Day to her from me, too.

Recent blog post: Mother, Touchstone, Friend

19. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Holly,

First of all, I’d like to thank you for checking my JS-kit a few days back when Jan pointed it to you. While were at the JS-kit topic, I can’t seem to see my face on my comments to Jan. hmm… a glitch? :D Now my JS-kit is working really well, and it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. hehehe.

I was watching a movie (Yes Man) when my mom sat beside me on the couch this evening (EST), I gave her my laptop with this post. She said thank you. Then, I showed all the comments it got. She blushed. :) he he he. She said something in our vernacular.

“Anak ang lawak ng poem mo.” (Son, your poem is deep (although lawak literally means wide, but deep would have been a better word to use :D it’s just me talking)

Thank you for the compliment. I am learning everyday from the poets I read online.

And happy mother’s day!

20. Holly replied:

How odd – only on the comments you leave for Jan? Maybe he has written a snippet of code to block your face? (Just teasing! He would never do that.) I don’t remember how my face got there in the first place, but I usually use my OpenID to log on and leave comments via js-kit. Maybe it depends on how you log on? I see your face on your reply, above, so it’s not js-kit, per se.

Hi, again, to your mom! (She looks like she could be your sister, in that picture! Here’s to young mothers, too – mine was only 19 years older than me.)

21. Zorlone replied: (post author)

It’s not that I’m that vain to want my face on the JS-kit apps I see, but, I think Jan deliberately did that! (Kidding!)

You made me compute. LOL. My mom is 23 years older than I am. :) Thank you for the compliment, I’m sure my mom will be so happy to hear that!

22. robin replied:

A beautiful tribute to your Mom!
    I love these lines…
    Lover waking up to the calls of dear attention,
    boldly enduring all sleepless exasperations.

Recent blog post: Love’s Mystery

23. jodapoet replied:

What a beautiful poem and tribute to your Mom. Happy Mother’s Day to her :)

Recent blog post: The Albino Alligator at The California Academy Of Sciences

24. Jena Isle replied:

A sweet poem from a loving son to a sexy mother. Need I say more? Happy mother’s day to your mom.

Recent blog post: Important Pointers in Buying a Fleece Jacket

25. recel replied:

wow! that is a gorgeous and wonderful poem!!! i bet your mom will have the best time of her life reading that! lemme know her reactions once she gets to read it, will u? :) happy mother’s day to her doc! :)

Recent blog post: I Got The Sweetest Words On Mother’s Day

26. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Robin,
    I thought about those nights when every mom wakes up to feed, change diaper, or just check up on their babies. I’m glad you noticed it.

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

27. Zorlone replied: (post author)

And a very happy mother’s day to you too! :)
    Thank you!

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

28. Zorlone replied: (post author)

I showed this post to my mom and I’m sure she will be talking about this in her circle of friends. My mom, like me, has a lot of circles of good friends.

Thank you!

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

29. Zorlone replied: (post author)

And happy mother’s day to you too! She enjoyed the poem. he he he. She knows I write.

Thanks!

30. lollii replied:

Oh!.. Did Shakespeare wrote that?lol.Happy mothers day to ur mom doc Z. That poem is utterly filled with affinity. How i wish I could express how I love my mom through a four-stanza poem.

31. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Even if you make a one liner, as long as it’s meant, your mom will love it. I’m sure of that. Just keep writing and thank you for visiting my blog.

32. PinoyDeal replied:

nice poem for mothers! saw you in mylot! just dropping by.

i added you in my blogroll. hope you can add me too. my sites:
    How a Pinay Makes Money Online!
    Earn P180,000 per month!
    Best Online Jobs!
    Call Center Jobs. Apply Here!
    Recent blog post: I am a Shareholder of Me2Everyone

33. Zorlone replied: (post author)

HI! Thanks! Will add your sites to my list. :) thanks!

34. tasha replied:

Hi Doc Z,
    Sorry to be so late in visiting. Wow! Your mother looks so young and beautiful. Was that one of her recent pictures? Hope she had a time of her life on Mother’s Day.

Your poem is truly a great tribute to your mother. Any mother would treasure such a gift from a wonderful, thoughtful son like you.

Tasha 8-)

Recent blog post: 32. Makenna’s Fourth Day

35. Zorlone replied: (post author)

This was taken June of 2008. We wen to Bohol for a family trip. So, it’s still a recent picture. Of course, I used one that would show how young she is. hehehe..

Thank you Tasha for dropping by and a very happy mother’s day to you too!

36. Lucrecio Emerito replied:

That’s a nice poem. You not only made the endings rhyme. You also made the first letters like your mom’s initials. Great work. You were born to write.

37. Alexandra Garland replied:

Very, very nice Z!!! Great tribute to mom!!
    -Alex

Recent blog post: Friends

38. Jon replied:

In Ireland we celebrated Mothers Day some months ago, but it was a pleasure to read your post.

Recent blog post: An Average Day in the Life of a Writer

39. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Luke!

Poetry is something I am comfortable doing, well, one of the “things” anyway. hehehe.

Recent blog post: Simply A Mother

40. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Alex!
    I didn’t buy her flowers, so I showed this to her instead. :)

Recent blog post: Flood and Traffic are Tears and Choices

41. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thank you Jon! Our mother’s day here comes on the first, make that, second Sunday of May. :)

Cheers!

Z :)

Recent blog post: Flood and Traffic are Tears and Choices

42. Dragon Blogger replied:

Very nice Mother’s Day Poem, I enjoyed reading it. The fact that you started each verse with the same 2 letters in each sentence was unique as well.

Recent blog post: Schedule Your Tweets with FutureTweets

43. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks dragonblogger,

I should at least raise the difficulty level in making a poem for my mom. Like Lucrecio said, they rhyme too. hehehe.

44. Webbielady replied:

Wow! Mom is lucky to have such a poetic son. Marvelous poem.

Recent blog post: Breathing Some Air in the Hague Neighborhood

45. Guest replied:

Hi! I think I overlooked your comment. I’m sorry, but late is better than never. ehheeh..

Thank you so much! btw, my mom saw your picture here, she asked who you were, I said you are a blogger friend. :)

Pretty ka daw. ;)

46. Guest replied:

Hi Webbielady,

Thanks for dropping by again. I really appreciate it. My mom loves this poem. hehehe

47. Twinks replied:

Hi Dokie. Okay lang po. Hmmm…better late than never.. :)
    You’re always welcome Dokie and you know I admire you’re writing skills
    and the deepness of your words. Such a lovely tribute from a lovely son
    to a lovely mom.
    Aww…tell your Mom am flattered. Do tell her thanks too and that she
    herself is a beauty ;)
    Have a great day! :):*

48. Zorlone replied: (post author)

I’m going to make sure that my mom gets the message. Thanks a lot twinks! ;)

Add a reply