A Strong Rope

Image rights to giveitomeraw.com

Image rights to giveitomeraw.com

1123200923292339

A tug on this string of fate,
signaled a decisive move.
Lessons of life’s taste,
flavors of chances on blissful moods.

Lifting the body up,
from abaca rolled in bundles.
A strength that promised to reach the top,
on an arduous journey, this vertical hurdle.

Hands burnt and blistered,
from frays of loosened spindles.
The zenith of the climb unraveled,
a blind belief defined principle.

Visit my site

24 replies to “A Strong Rope”

1. Roy replied:

Congratulations on completing your NaNoWriMo project Z!

looks like your ‘strong rope’ and determination has brought you to your success ;)

2. jan geronimo replied:

That’s true, Roy. Strong Rope is perhaps a metaphor for Doc Z’s NaNoWriMo achievement. Sure he’s got his hand blistered, burned but at the end he emerged victorious! I wonder though how many hours of siesta did our good friend forgo to meet his writing goal? Ahehehe

3. billy replied:

man this was high on imagery, a fantastic poem, felt as if I was there, you can write, keep at it..:)

4. Heather Kephart replied:

Doc, you just keep getting better and better, if that’s possible. Your poems blow me away! Is English your first language? If not, you blow me away even more!

5. Sire replied:

A great poem of struggle and success. Life is not always kind and fate is something we are not all prepared for.

6. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Roy,

A strong did its job, if it didn’t I could still use it in another way… LOL (whip)

Z

7. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Actually, I didn’t miss too much siesta time. I made it a point to sleep before I write, Jan.

Z

8. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Thanks Billy,

Glad you found it. I hope you keep coming back.

Z

9. Zorlone replied: (post author)

I would like to say, yes, but Filipino is my first language and it was only through writing poetry that I learned to use it imaginatively.

Of course, there is Jena who helped me with blogging and taught me to write better poems, plus Holly, who I chat most of the time.

Oh, that was a rhetorical question. Ooops.

Thank you!

Z

10. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Sire,

That was very profound… I do hope to catch your next poem.

11. Jena Isle replied:

Indeed, perseverance and persistence always pay off. Congrats on the NaNoWrimo, way to go!

12. MinnieRunner replied:

I can relate Doc Z, remember my Urbanathlon Run? I had a wall climb there :D

13. Jhong Medina replied:

Another fascinating poem doc z. A big huray for you doc z! and standing oblation … oops ovation pala. hehehe!

14. Gem replied:

My biggest fear is that of heights. I’ve always avoided climbing any structure more than 4 floors high. The strong rope is the only thing I would hang on firmly for dear life.

15. Anne replied:

I do believe I have been asleep to have not seen this until today. Another wonderful picture painted by your words.

16. ConnieFoggles replied:

This is something that I’ve been through with my health challenges. Your words spoke to me on that level.

17. Jannie Funster replied:

Gosh this was so good — exactly reinforcing in me why I am too much of a wimp — or too “pragmatic” :) not to do that kind of climbing. Well, I mean the burning and blistered hands — signifying only art of the great physical pain, that makes me a wimp.

Yet, there is great triumph in this poem and I applaud it AND the rock slope.

Super photo too!!

18. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Jena,

Thank you and I really wanted to finish it and I did. Whoa!!! Maybe another round next year?

Z

19. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Madz,

Yep, I remember, your list is getting to look like a portfolio. Go for the 50k and 100k.

Z

20. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Jhong,

The rope is the embodiment of our fate, perseverance, and drive to reach our goal. So, I’ll lend you my rope if you need it man.

Z

21. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Gem,

I was about to quote a line from the animation that I’ve been watching about fear of heights, but I thought not to show the nerdiness here. hehehe.

We could all use a strong rope Gem.

Z

22. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Anne,

Thank you for the kind words, I love to sleep. I think I write well after a good night’s (even a siesta) rest.

Z

23. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Hi Connie,

I am glad that I reached you too. We are always faced with challenges and our ropes are destined to keep us safe and secured.

Z

24. Zorlone replied: (post author)

Janine,

That was one of the coolest comments I have read. Forgiv me for being late in my own blog LOL. Nah, Don’t say that you are a wimp, we are humans and we feel pain, and a blistered hand can only hold on for a time and it would eventually slip, of course, not without a good fight to stay hanging on the edge.

Thank you.

Add a reply

No spam please.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention A Strong Rope | Zorlone - Filipino Poet and Writer -- Topsy.com
  2. WOOF Contest Results for December 18th » Wanderer Thoughts
  3. Result from WOOF Contest – Top Picks (12/18/2009)